|June 18, 2013|
Rathdowney Completes Preliminary Metallurgical Testwork For Olza Zinc-Lead Project
Excellent Results Exceed Expectations, Returning High Recoveries & Concentrate Grades
|June 18, 2013, Vancouver, BC -- Rathdowney Resources Ltd. ("Rathdowney" or the "Company") (TSXV: RTH) announces that preliminary metallurgical testing of mineralization from its Project Olza has been completed and has confirmed the initial excellent metallurgical results reported in the Company's March 12, 2013 news release. Rathdowney's Olza Zinc-Lead-Silver Project is located 70 km northwest of Krakow in southern Poland.
The following excellent results were confirmed on the bulk composite tested:
* Reducing the lead concentrate grade closer to a typical 70% Pb grade would increase lead recovery to lead concentrate to 90% as quantified from lead grade/recovery curves. The lead concentrate contained 55 g/t Ag, representing 4% distribution of silver to the lead concentrate.
The preliminary test program was carried out at SGS Mineral Services UK Ltd.'s test laboratory near Truro, Cornwall, UK under the direction of Melis Engineering Ltd. of Saskatoon, Canada. A bulk composite sample was prepared representing the Olza mineralization styles in proportion to their relative abundance in the area of the initial mineral resource estimate announced in September 2012 (21.2 Mt of inferred resources grading 7.42% Zn+Pb at a 2.0% Zn cutoff1). Sulphides present in the sample include sphalerite, galena and marcasite. The average head grade of the test composite was 6.2% Zn and 1.4% Pb for a combined head grade of 7.6% Zn+Pb with 19 g/t Ag. These zinc and lead contents are comparable to the September 2012 mineral resource.
Open cycle batch flotation tests previously completed and reported in March 2013 on a bulk composite representing the Olza mineralization determined that optimum metallurgy could be obtained using standard zinc and lead flotation conditions. Based on these results, a standard six-cycle lock-cycle test was completed to quantify recoveries and concentrate grades under conditions approaching steady state.
"Completion of the preliminary metallurgical testwork for Rathdowney's Project Olza is an important development," said President and CEO John Barry. "The results have exceeded our expectations and show that excellent recoveries to produce a high quality concentrate from the Olza deposits are achievable."
Rathdowney Resources Ltd. is a mineral exploration company focused on finding and developing the next generation of zinc-lead-silver deposits in the ore fields of Poland and Ireland. Rathdowney is associated with Hunter Dickinson Inc. ("HDI") a diversified, global mine development company with a 25-year history of mineral development success. From its head office in Vancouver, Canada, HDI applies its unique strengths and capabilities to acquire, develop, operate and monetize mineral properties that provide consistently superior returns to shareholders.
The metallurgical technical information in this release has been reviewed by Lawrence Melis, P.Eng, a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101.
For further details on Rathdowney and its projects, visit www.rathdowneyresources.com or contact Investor Services at (604) 684-6365 or within North America at 1-800-667-2114.
1 Individual grades are 5.88% Zn and 1.54% Pb. Silver was not assayed in historical holes so its grade was not included in the estimate. For further details see Rathdowney News Release dated September 11, 2012 and the Company's technical report on the resource estimate filed at www.sedar.com.